Friday, March 26, 2010

First Week on the New Job

I just had my first week home with all three kids. Nothing all that special happened but it was a very busy, exhausting week. Eli has preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I was pretty impressed I got him there on time both days. We had two play dates, to the Riche playground with Ramona on Monday and a trip Eddie's house on Friday. By the end of each day, each child had been fed and had napped. Overall, it was a very successful week. Eli keeps me on my toes!

I never saw myself in this role as a stay-at-home mom. I have never been really good at staying home. I easily get stir crazy. However, if 14 weeks of bedrest taught me anything it was how to be still. It has been nice to be able to get my house organized. To take care of my home and take care of my children and frankly take care of myself. When I was working full time I was constantly stressed for time. I was always looking for time. Looking for time to work, looking for time to be home. I had a very hard time striking that work/home balance.

That is not to say that I don't miss working, because I do. I haven't worked outside my home since September. I will return to some work very soon, but after giving it long thought, I may not return to my profession (at least not full-time) for awhile. While I do miss my law practice considerably, I do not miss the stress that comes with trying to balance being a full-time attorney with being a mom. Besides, right now I really want to and really need to focus on being a mother. I have a lifetime to build a law practice. I have only a few years before my kids start school.

No comments:

Post a Comment