Sunday, June 6, 2010

Best Ever Banana Muffins (according to the web site anyway)


I don't know if these are the best banana muffins ever, but they are pretty good and pretty easy to make.  I made them this morning on a whim.  I had some bananas that really needed to be used up and I really did not want to throw them away.  It probably took 15 minutes to prepare and then 20 minutes to cook.  If you bake at all you probably have all of these ingredients on hand.

The Ingredients and Instructions:

3 lg. bananas, mashed
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3 c. melted butter

Mix the above ingredients together and add:

1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. flour
Grease 12 muffin tin (I used papers which I sprayed lightly with cooking spray rather than greesing, but that is largely because I hate cleaning muffin pans) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Bakes a firm consistency muffin that doesn't crumble.

The website claimed that this recipe is excellent for mini as well as jumbo sized muffins and suggests for a dessert treat, simply top with vanilla frosting. I haven't tried either.

No comments:

Post a Comment