Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weekends at the Cabin

Some of my best memories as a kid are the days we spent at our family camp.  There were always tons of us crammed into the one small building.  My parents, sister, brother, friends, my uncles, aunts, cousins.  All of us slept up in a loft on mattresses on the floor.  There was swimming, fishing, boating, tubing, marshmallows toasted on a campfire, walks down the dirt road.  The memories are so crystal clear.  I even remember the long car rides to the camp like I just took one yesterday.

Jesse's parents, Jan and Roger, have a cabin on Northeast Pond in Milton, NH.  Even though our lives are endlessly busy, especially in the summer, we try to spend as much time there during the summer as possible.  Being there brings back all those childhood memories for me.  I am thrilled that we have a place to bring our kids so they can have those same experiences.  

Here are some pics from a few weekends this summer.



Eli heading up to the Cabin from the Water


The View from the Lower Porch


Eli and I on the Dock


Jesse


Jesse and Eli on a Canoe Ride


Jesse and Eli Checking Out a Snail


Iris and Esme Napping on a Walk


Eli - So Proud of the Rock that He Found


A Day Trip to a Nearby Strawberry Farm


Esme and I

No comments:

Post a Comment