Sunday, August 1, 2010

Eli's Latest Project



We were up pretty early this morning and were ready to get the day started by 9:00.  But, the battery in our van (our only vehicle that will fit all 5 of us) died and wont be fixed until Monday, so we were looking for something fun to do at home.  So, we asked Eli what he wanted to do today.  After telling us a 5 minute story that I could not even begin to repeat and which made absolutely no sense at all (conversation with a three year old is always an adventure), I stopped him, asked him to listen to my question, and once again asked him what he wanted to do today.  Hearing the question, the second time, he immediately answered that he wanted to do "a project!"  Now, I am a pretty good mom, but one of my more obvious flaws is that I do not keep a lot of project stuff in the house and we have used up most of what we have.  I need to hit the Dollar Store and restock, but honestly, who has the time?  So Eli and I went off to the craft store and picked up the stuff to paint a bird house.  I thought about getting a kit to make a birdhouse, but it would have required a lot of nails and hammering and I figured his attention span was not that long.  He had a great time painting the already-assembled birdhouse that we bought.

Here are some pics of his completed project.  It turned out to be quite beautiful. 











The Finished Product

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That came out so nice! What kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used acrylic paints. I then sealed it with an acrylic sealer, so hopefully it wont ruin in the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really neat bird house. Maybe Eli could make me one for christmas.

    ReplyDelete