Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Freecycle Makes Summer Fun!



Our latest Freecycle find!  A "new" tricycle for Eli.

I am really looking forward to the day that Eli can ride a bicycle.  I dream about going for walks while he pedals alongside us and then later on the family bicycle rides.  But, alas, he is a bit on the shorter side, so I think it will be another year before a bicycle is a practical buy.  But, he is now big enough to comfortably ride a tricycle.  He hasn't quite figured out the pedaling yet, but he is starting to get it.

I find myself very impatient for these milestones.  I just want him (and the girls for that matter) to hurry up and start being able to do things.  But at the same time, I want time to slow down.  My first baby is such a big boy.  It seems like yesterday a nurse placed him on my chest.

Eli is such a cool kid.  For the most part, he is well-mannered, very sweet, and very kind.  He is good at sharing his toys.  He loves to show his bedroom to everyone who stops by.  And, he has recently really started to interact and play with other children.  It is hilarious to listen to the conversations he has with his friends.  His most frequent topic of conversation these days is his "two baby sisters."  I feel so lucky to be his mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment