Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mmmmmm...Cookies


This morning Eli and I made delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies.  It was incredibly easy, fast, and a fun cooking project with my three year old. 

The Ingredients:

2 cups of sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 pinch salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
  1. In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
  2. Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.
  3. Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.
How to include your pre-schooler:

I premeasured all of the ingredients and then let Eli poor them into the saucepan and then I did the stirring while they were cooking.  Then, while I was dropping the hot cookie batter onto the wax paper, Eli licked clean the rubber spatula that I used to scoop the peanut butter out of the measuring cup.

We both had a great time!  And, needless to say, I have been eating cookies all day long.  But I decided this morning that today I was going to be fancy free and eat cookies.  Tomorrow I will worry about my waistline!

No comments:

Post a Comment