Monday, May 17, 2010

Stenbak Updates

It has been a busy few weeks around the Stenbak household.  Esme and Iris had their 4 month check up (a little late).  Both girls are doing so well!  Iris was 16 lbs 8.5 oz and Esme was 16 lbs 1.5 oz.  Both girls are above the 90th percentiles for their weight and in the 50th percentiles for their height.  A little short and stout...the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree.  It's hard to believe they were ever premies.  Tomorrow they will be 5 months old.  WOW, how quickly the time has passed.

The girls are doing all kinds of things now.  They love to look at each other.  It is fun to watch them interact.  They will coo back and forth like they are having a conversation.  Iris rolled over today from her belly to her back!  What a big girl.  And both girls can belly laugh.  I love it when they giggle.  It is so funny.  No matter how I am feeling at the time, I can't help it but start laughing myself!

Look How Much We Have Grown!

The Census job is going well.  I was promoted in my first week from Enumerator (a census taker) to a Crew Leader Assistant.  I still do some enumerating (counting people) but mostly I organize people and paperwork.  It is a pretty good job and I can do most of it from home.  But it will not last long.  We have a deadline to complete Non Response Follow Up (knocking on doors of those who didn't mail in the form), which is the phase of the census I am working for, by June 27th.  So I am on the search for a new part-time opportunity for the summer.

I am really enjoying being home with the kids during the day.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how this was going to go.  I never thought I would make a very good stay-at-home mom.  I thought I would be going crazy by the end of the week.  While there are some weeks like that, most are pretty good.  I am really starting to get a routine.  Like any job, there is a learning curve, and we are definitely on the upswing!  I think it is going to be a really fun summer!

I joined the Greater Portland Mother's of Multiples Club.  Just before Mother's Day we had a Spa Night.  It was really very fun.  Our meeting was held at Cherry Pie in Portland.  We got the choice of a few different mini spa treatments.  I chose a parafin treatment for my feet.  It was wonderful.  It was also nice to connect with other moms who have a similar family situation.  And the icing on the cake, there was a door prize, and I won.  A free Mani/Pedi!  Now I just have to find time to schedule it!

Here are some pictures from Mother's Day.  We went to Candia to celebrate with Jesse's parents, but first we stopped into the Prenatal Care Unit at Maine Medical Center where I lived all last fall to drop off some flowers for the current patients.  I know how much it sucks to be in the hospital on a holiday and I know what a wonderful thing all of these women are doing for their babies even before they are born!


Flowers for Prenatal Patients


Esme


Iris


Look at Iris Checking Esme Out.


The Proud Grandparents


Iris Covering Eli's Yawn

No comments:

Post a Comment